Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Magnificently Magic Read-A-Thon

December 13, 2012 – December 16, 2012


Hey Guys!

So, I am posting it now even though it’s like... two months away, just to see if this is something that people are interested in!

But what is the Magnificently Magic Read-A-Thon?
Well, Christmas can be a very magical time of year with the snow on the ground (if you’re lucky), the pretty trees and lights all aglow and just the general feel of that festive time of year. Therefore, I thought it would be quite nice to have a readathon during December reflecting this wonderful time. (There may even be some Christmas surprises throughout the read-a-thon!)

The idea is to read any magical books.
That could be books with witches, books about fairy’s (or fey), books that just feel magical (*cough* Celia Ahern *cough*), books with a winter setting, or even Christmas themed books!

I have also made this two weekends before Christmas as, if you’re anything like me, the weekend before will most likely be incredibly busy with family things, last minute shopping, etc., etc. But if this date doesn’t work for you, please let me know and I’ll see what I can do!

*edit: The date is now all set for 13th-16th Dec*

Throughout the readathon there will also be a twitter chat and maybe some mini challenges - if you’re up for hosting a challenge or even a giveaway, please contact me here.

So there is still a lot of organising to do, but I just wanted to get this out there and see if people are interested! If you do decide to sign up, I would appreciate either a tweet or a post to say you are so that others can join in the fun! Also, that button at the top is free for you to “steal” as well.

Oh, and from now on, feel free to use the hashtag; #MMReadathon


This reading event is hosted by A Daydreamer’s Thoughts. For more information and to sign-up, please see this post.